May is Mental Health Awareness Month
Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week
While a full month dedicated to mental health awareness is already amazing, an entire week in May is dedicated to children’s mental health! We advocate to improve supports and services for youth, and celebrate all the work that has been done to raise awareness in the past.
We celebrate the hope, strength and resilience of youth, caregivers and families. We wear green ribbons to help raise public awareness and to show our support for children, youth and young adults. Find out how National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week is being celebrated in Oregon by clicking here!
What can I do to help spread the word?
- Add a Facebook frame | Go to your profile picture in Facebook, click “Add Frame” and search for Oregon Family Support Network. You will find a few different options. You can even control how long it is set up for – and can set it up as a temporary frame for one week.
- Make your own #MentalHealthHero2020 videos | Share them on social media. Tag @OregonFamilySupportNetwork and make your post public so that we can share it on our page.
- Nominate/challenge friends | Encourage them to share their #MentalHealthHero2020 videos, stories and pictures.
- Share positive messages | Share wide and far – on social media, your windows, your car, on your sidewalk, anywhere is great! Tell the world that it’s Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week and what it means to you!
- Tag your friends | When you see a post about Children’s Mental Health Awareness, participate by tagging your friends.
- Encourage people to wear green | If you have green lights you can put up outside, now is the time to do it! Green is the official color for Children’s Mental Health Awareness.
Join the Green Ribbon Campaign!
We are making a positive change and you can help!
The goal is simple: To raise awareness and decrease stigma associated with mental illness. Make the pledge to support this important cause! Here’s how you can show your support and help raise awareness:
Fun Activities for Kids